The edible films and coatings market is expected to reach USD 1355.2 Million by 2025, from USD 745.1 Million in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
These polymers are made up of various materials such as lipids, polysaccharides, proteins, composites, and surfactants, which are considered safe for human consumption. The regulatory requirements associated with edible packaging are high in various regions. Edible films are distinguished from coatings by their method of manufacture and application to the food product. Edible Films are dried preformed thin material that is used on or between layers of food components. Polysaccharides, proteins, and lipids are the three main polymeric ingredients used to produce edible films. Some of the major players in edible films and coatings market are
- Wikicell designs inc
- Monosol llc
- Tate & lyle plc
- Jrf technology llc
- Safetraces, inc.
- Skipping rocks lab
- Tipa corp
- Watson, inc
- Devro plc
- Dupont de Nemours and Company
- Ashland INC.
- Ingredion INC.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Cargill Inc.
Others are Kerry Group PLC, Nagase & Co. Ltd., FMC Corporation, MonoSol, LLC., CP Kelco, WikiCell Designs Inc., FUERST DAY LAWSON HOLDINGS LIMITED, W Hydrocolloids, Inc., Watson Foods CO. INC., Mantrose-Haeuser Co., Inc. (RPM International), Pace International LLC., Proinec (Production and Innovation on Edible Coatings, SL), Takikawa Oblate Corporation, Limited., and many more. Hence the major players in edible films and coatings market have used various strategies such as new product launches, clinical trials, market initiatives, high expense on research and development, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market.
- Edible packaging plays a key role in minimizing packaging material wastage from and thus reducing carbon food print in the food sector.
- Packaging manufacturers and retailers have a key role in making valuable contribution to resolve these problems.
Films and coatings that are used in edible packaging are helping manufacturers reduce wastage of raw material. This is expected to be a major driving factor for food packaging manufacturers by increasing sales and also boost existing revenue generation of edible films and coatings. This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of edible films and coatings market in the next 8 years.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Reduction in packaging waste
- Increase in shelf life of food products
- Growing demand for processed food product
- Stringent regulations
- High cost of products
Market Segmentation: Global Edible Films and Coatings Market
- The Edible Films and Coatings market is segmented on the basis of
- Material Type
- End User
- On the basis of Material Type, the market is segmented into
- Composite Films
- On the basis of End User, the market is segmented into
- Food and Beverages
- On the basis of geography, the edible films and coatings market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
- Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Data Bridge set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with an unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge adepts in creating satisfied clients who reckon upon our services and rely on our hard work with certitude. Customization or Getting Discount on Report by emailing email@example.com . We are content with our glorious 99.9 % client satisfying rate.